Administrative Support Team Associate
The AST’s primary responsibilities are to organize the Store Management Office, execute operational administrative functions, oversee scheduling maintenance, balance the vault and other cash functions daily, distribute reports from My Macy’s Portal to management team, facilitate the screening/hiring process, handle HR functions, and act as the HR liaison for store employees. Performs other duties as assigned.
Macy’s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy’s may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool.
Areas of Responsibility
- Coordinate distribution of all incoming communications (including faxes, e-mails, memos, letters, newsletters, and phone calls) whether from customers, employees, management, or the general public
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Macy’s commitment to our customer
- Coordinate all functions of the hiring process including prescreening applicants, correspondence with applicants, and scheduling interviews with store management
- Input employment data in the Job Requisition System and handle all new hire paperwork, orientation, and training sessions
- Balance vault and store checkbook and perform other cash functions on a daily basis
- Act as MST liaison and train colleagues on how to call in repairs
- Complete weekly store newsletter, maintain store bulletin board program, and organize store recognition allies
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
Education / Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years related experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting and constant communication with customers and colleagues
- Requires working with multiple computer screens and programs simultaneously for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally required to move/reach, stoop, kneel and crouch
- Frequently lift/move up to 10lbs